- Category: Games & Info
Bingo is such a popular game that it has developed it's own terms and expressions!
If you have ever been at Pop's Bingo and heard a term not familiar to you, chances are that the word os specific to bingo. Check below to see if it is listed!
- When someone only needs one number in order to complete the Bingo pattern, he/she is considered to be Ready, Waiting, Cased, Set, Down or 'has a chance'.
Breaking the Bubble or "Possible"
- The bubble is the minimum number of balls required to complete the Bingo pattern. This is the earliest point any player could have a valid bingo. Example: Winning pattern is 1 hard way bingo, a straight line without the free space. The minimum number of called numbers is 5 although it is not considered Breaking the Bubble or possible until 1 number in each column or 5 numbers in a single column have been called.
Jumping the Gun
- One who calls bingo before having a valid bingo. The most common situation is someone calling bingo using the next number in the screen before it has been called.
- Many bingo halls will have certain games with a wild number. Wild numbers allow bingo players to start with multiple called numbers. Typically the first ball drawn is the determining factor.
- All numbers ending with the second digit of the first number. Example: First ball is 22. All numbers ending in a 2 including B2 is considered a called number.
- All numbers beginning or ending with the wild number. Example: First ball is 22. All numbers beginning or ending with a 2 is considered a called number. If the first ball ends with an 8, 9 or 0, another number may be drawn as there are no numbers starting with a 8 or 9 and only 9 numbers starting with a zero. Some halls will also redraw a number ending with a 7 as there are only six numbers beginning with a 7.
False Alarm or Just Practicing
- Term used when one calls bingo but is mistaken. This could be because of mishearing the caller or stamping the wrong number by mistake. One who calls a "falsie" genuinely believes he/she has a bingo. This is also known as a "social error." Another term used for this is a "bongo."
Hard Way Bingo
- A hard-way bingo is a bingo pattern in a straight line without the use of the free space.